Affiliate marketing is basically performance marketing where orientation of result is involved into the marketing program. In Simple words, affiliate marketing is a way of making money online whereby one as a publisher is rewarded for helping a business by promoting their product, service or site. This is the most versatile method of Online Advertising wherein Affiliates (Individual Identity or Companies) run the marketing programs of the advertisers to get the result in regards to lead generation or sales happening for the product. Some common campaign models of Affiliate Marketing are:
- Cost Per Lead
- Cost Per Acquisition/Action
- Cost Per Sales
- Cost Per Search
- Cost Per Download/Install
- Cost Per Visit
Some common ways used to deliver theses campaigns are:
- Display Banners on the website
- Email marketing
- Mobiles WAP Sites and APP based promotion
- Social Media Activities (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, My Space…)
Working with us:
As an affiliate/publisher, one can start working with us where our interface supports all performance marketing based campaigns. Publishers looking to monetize their traffic apply to join performance campaign and when the affiliates are accepted, the publishers select and place the advertiser’s links / banners on their Web sites, in their email campaigns or as part of search listings etc.
When a consumer clicks on a publisher’s / affiliate’s link, a cookie is set on the visitor’s browser that identifies the advertiser, the publisher, and the specific link and payment rates. When the visitor makes an actual purchase online or fills out a form, that transaction is tracked and recorded by our server. After recording the transaction, our server handles all of the collection and processing required to ensure fair and timely commission payment for the publisher, and all of the administration and verification necessary to ensure quality sales and leads for the advertiser.
Online Jargans and Meaning
- CPM (Cost per Mille or Cost per thousand impressions) : The payout depends on an advertiser’s banner when viewed unique thousand times. “M” represents the Roman numeral for 1000.
- CPC (Cost per Click) : The payout depends on per unique click incurred of an advertiser’s banner. In this process CPM is covered automatically and the user first sees the banner and then clicks if interested. Also, it’s the next stage of Branding when some action takes place based on user’s interest.
- CPV (Cost per View) : The payout depends on per visit of an advertiser’s product / service landing page when seen the banner then clicked and visited the advertiser’s landing page. It’s mostly tracked with Google Analytics guidelines where a user visiting the site must have to do some activity on the page where landed after clicking the advertiser’s banner.
- CPL (Cost Per Lead) : The payout depends on per valid lead (as per the guidelines given by advertiser) where a user performs an action of his/her interest level by giving details to put an enquiry for the product/service offered by the advertiser where the flow happens right from start to see the banner to click to visit and then fill a lead.
- CPA (Cost Per Action/Acquisition) It’s the process of taking an action to complete the marketing campaign motive, herein the payout depends on per valid action taken towards the acquisition of the product / service offered by the advertiser on the Internet itself.
- CPD (Cost per Download) This model works mainly on the action taken to download an application on web or mobile and the payout depends for the same.
- CPI (Cost per Install) This model works mainly on the action taken to download and install an application on web or mobile and the payout depends for the same.
- CPS/CPT (Cost Per Sale or Cost per Transaction) This process is mainly used for E-Commerce / Daily Deals campaigns where the final motive of any marketing campaign is to generate revenue by processing online transactions on web & mobile. Payout for this depends on fixed commission in regards to amount or on some % of total sale value happening.
- CPS (Cost Per Search) This is model where payout depends on per search for any product/service of the advertiser. It is mostly used by Travel and hospitality industry.
- CTR (Click through Rate) The percentage of visitors that click-through an ad impression/link compared to the total number of visitors that viewed the ad impression/link.
- Click through The process of clicking on a link to visit another page or site.
- Contextual links Text in a link; examined by search engines in order to determine the relevance of the linked to page.
- Conversion rate Total cost per sale or lead, calculated by dividing the total cost of an advertising campaign by the number of resulting sales or leads. Percentage of site visitors that take a desired action.
- Search engine A service that displays search matches derived from one or more indexed databases.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Optimizing a website to have search engine friendly navigation and relevant keyword-rich content so that it ranks well in search engines and can be found by visitors.
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing) A form of Internet Marketing; to promote a website via search engines using tactics such as SEO, Paid Inclusion and Paid Placement campaigns.
- RO (Release Order) A legal document provided by accounts department of the advertising company to their publishers/affiliates. It contents the campaign’s payout, volume to be delivered, payment tenure/cycle; media buy type and instructions to be followed while delivering the campaign.
- IO (Insertion Order) A legal document provided by accounts department of the publisher/affiliate company to their advertiser which contents the campaign’s payout, volume to be delivered, payment tenure/cycle; media buy type and instructions to be followed while delivering the campaign by the publishers.